What are the different type of Civil Service
The civil service consists of permanent executives who are involved in the day-to-day functioning of our government.
Entry into the coveted civil services is through the Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission or UPSC.
IAS, IPS, and IFS are the most known civil services but the Indian Civil Services aren’t limited to these three.
There are in total 24 services under the civil service.
They are as follows
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Forest Service (IFoS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS)
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)
- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS)
- Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES)
- Indian Information Service (IIS)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
- Indian Communication Finance Services (ICFS)
- Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
- Indian Trade Service (ITS)
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service
- Pondicherry Civil Service
- Pondicherry Police Service
Hence Civil Service Examination is a focal point for recruiting the top officers required to run the various departments of our government.
iLearn IAS has successfully placed over 170 students as officers under the 24 various services within a short span of 7 years.